Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hope

In my long life, I have met a few people who were unusual and impressive. They are rare but, in a large population, you may also have met some.

Metaphorically, they are old souls whose wisdom and kindness suggest that they have passed through this vale of tears more than once and are better prepared to deal with it. They do so without egotism and without wearing any faith on their sleeves. They are not striving to be anything, they just ARE. If you happen to be a Christian, or a Jew who considers Jesus to be family, you may understand me when I say they are not followers of Jesus, they are Jesus.

Speaking in a more literal vein, meeting such people gives me a vision of what human beings can become when the proper genetic and cultural variables have been identified and understood. We have a long way to go but scientific progress is accelerating and the travel time may not be as long as you might think.

Have you encountered any of them?

1 comment:

  1. I cannot evaluate Barack Obama on a personal level because I have never met him. Based upon his public utterances, I am very impressed.

    I am grateful that I have lived long enough to see a President of the USA who is educated, intelligent, politically skillful and hard working.

    ReplyDelete